I use the Standard Theme on all my blogs, and it is also used by popular authors and speakers like Michael Hyatt, President and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers, Frank Viola, popular author and speaker, and Tony Morgan, a sought-after church consultant.
The fact that it is called “Standard Theme” does not mean it is basic, but means it is the standard by which all other blog themes are measured. In my use of this them, I have found this claim to be true. It is the best WordPress theme on the market, and it is getting better all the time!
Here are eight reasons why I use the Standard Theme:
- Blog pages load much faster. The code is tighter and better written than free themes, and therefore, the blog loads much faster. Not only do blog readers love this, but search engines rank pages higher which load faster.
- Standard Theme is SEO Optimized. Don’t know much about SEO (Search Engine Optimization)? That’s okay! Standard Theme built all the best optimization right in, so you can focus on what you do best: writing great blog posts. Free Themes are never optimized for search engines, which means search engines have trouble finding and indexing your pages, and if you do optimize your blog, you have do it all yourself.
- Easy blog administration. The Standard Theme user interface is so easy to use. The options are written in plain English, and
- Need fewer plugins, and those you do use work flawlessly. Free themes usually come with no extra options, and so you have to install dozens of WordPress plugins to get the functionality you need out of your blog. Even more aggravating, sometimes these plugins do not work right with your theme! The Standard Theme has coded most of the popular plugin features right into their theme, so you don’t have to install them, and better yet, if/when you do install a plugin, it works seamlessly and flawlessly with your blog.
- Easy sharing on social networks. One of the best ways to build readership and blog traffic is through popular social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and StumbleUpon. Standard Theme comes with a beautiful sidebar slider built right in which helps you and your readers connect your content to the social web.
- Lifetime support and upgrades! Let’s see any other Free or Premium theme offer this! The Standard Theme has two options for buying. If you get the more expensive option, you get free, lifetime access to the help forums where the developers of the Theme answer your questions, and any time a new version of Standard Theme comes out, you get to upgrade…for FREE!
- Install on numerous websites. If you own numerous websites like I do, most premium themes make you buy the theme for every website you want to install it on. Not Standard Theme. Once you buy it, you can install it on every website you own.
- Generous Affiliate Program. Some people don’t want the expense of buying a premium theme. But the Standard Theme allows you to make your money back by joining their generous affiliate program. After you buy the theme, if you sign up for their affiliate program, you will make all your money back after only two sales! Just two!
For these, and many other reasons, you should consider buying the Standard Theme. Besides, all of the blog customization that I will be doing here on GraceBlogger will be based on the Standard Theme. So if you want help customizing it, you can get free help from me!
And in case you are wondering, there are other great themes by the same group that brought us Standard Theme:
Live Theme – For streaming video and live events – Click here to view more details
Pro Photo Theme – For Professional Photographers and Photo Blogs – Click here to view more details
Standard Theme – The standard by which all other blog themes are measured – Click here to view more details
Developer Theme – For blog and website developers – Click here to view more details